Burt Allen Malcuit
Producer, Engineer & Multi-Instrumentalist
Burt with Ryan Williams(30 Seconds to Mars, Pink etc..) having some fun.
Over 18 years as a recording engineer, producer, multi-instrumentalist
and composer. Experience includes
work with all genres and specialization in Rock, Alternative and Pop Rock.
- 1994- Completed Full Audio-Video Program, Los
Angeles Recording Workshop
- 1993- Courses, Recording Engineering Theory and
Electronic Music, UCLA
- 1992- Guitar studies, Musicians Institute
on SSL E/G 6048 by Desk Doctors as well as one-on-one training with Ryan
Williams (Pearl Jam, Def Tones, 30seconds to Mars, Pink, Stone Temple
to work on Analog Tape and SSL, Neve, API consoles as well as an Expert
in Pro Tools.
under Grammy Winning Engineer Dennis McKay(Judas Priest etc..)
along side Grammy Wining Enginee/Mixer Tal Herzberg
- Extensive one on one training with Jim Cypherd (Oingo Boingo, Barbara Streisand etc..)
Freelance recording engineer/ producer.
- 2004-2010- Partner in recording studio, Nightingale
Studios, Burbank as well as Freelancing.
of the facility and Producing and Engineering.
with artists including Juliet Simms, Tracii Guns (LA GUNS), Bret Domrose
(Dogstar), Dan Balan (Ozone) and Slow Burning Car, The Spies and many others.
- 2004-2006- Chief Sound Engineer, El Cid, Los Angeles
of House mixer
- 1999-2003- Manager and owner of Sanity Sound, Burbank
and maintenance of facility.
and engineer on recording productions.
and business management.
with artist including Jennifer Love Hewittt, Tricky and numerous indie
- 1995-1999- Manager and owner of Sanity Sound,
and built facility.
all aspects of production with artists, composers, producers and
- Recorded artists such as Jake E. Lee, Beth Hart, Tal Herzberg, Michael Bland (Prince), Paul Pesco (Madonna)
- Original music on Major
- Technical maintenance
- System design/installation
- “Hottest Unsigned Artist” by
Music Connection Magazine
- Scored a PBS award-winning
documentary “Girl Gone Bad”
- Private Business owner.